Thursday, October 3, 2013

Counting My Blessings: My Husband


After my salvation, I figure that John is the greatest blessing God has given me.  And this blessing has been a great blessing to me, more so than usual in the last few days.

  • A raccoon got into the chicken coop early Friday morning, and John jumped up and hurried outside to see what was going on and to defend my chickens.  (The raccoon ran off without harming any of the chickens.)
  • After work Friday night, John worked to raccoon-proof the coop, and he was successful...at least so far.
  • Saturday while I ran a quick errand, Mary got into my toothpaste.  (Did you know that a two year old has to ingest two full tubes to get a toxic dose of fluoride?  Now you do.)  When John found her, he stuck her into the bathtub and bathed her.  Wasn't that sweet of him?  Especially since I had just arrived home.
  • Of course, all of this is in addition to the "normal" ways that John is a blessing:  working hard to provide for his family and being a good father and husband.
How has God blessed you this week?

This post is linked with Aurie at Welcome to Our Good Life.

No comments: