Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday's Quote: Do Our Children Need a Great Teacher? Or A Good Mom?


I don't remember where I heard about it, but there was an offer for a free issue from Home School Enrichment magazine.  Of course, I signed up!  And in the article "Just Who Am I Homeschooling For, Anyway?  Ten Lessons I've Learned as a Homeschooling Mom," I read this quote which I found encouraging, and I hope you do, too.
I have learned that I am a better mom than a teacher.  The truth is that I am not that great of a teacher.  But for my children to have a great education, I do not have to be.  They do not necessarily need a teacher.  They need a mom who will lovingly teach them.  A teacher is concerned with results and methods.  Results are important and methods useful, but a mom is often more concerned with the children's hearts and their motives.  This concern will cultivate an education that is specifically designed with each individual child's best interest in mind.
It's nice to know that I don't have to be the best teacher; I just need to be a good mother.  There are more important things than academics to teach my children, and I'm fully qualified to teach them...along with the academic ones!

What do you think?  Did you find this quote encouraging?

No comments: