Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday's Quote: The Source of True Joy


I've read a few of Randy Alcorn's books and really enjoyed them, so I started following him on facebook.  He posted this paragraph on Saturday, and I thought you might appreciate it, too.
What makes anything good is God.  God's absence is the very definition of Hell.  No God, no good.  People spend their lives running from God in order to find joy elsewhere.  But God is the great Joy -- the fountainhead of all lesser streams of joy.  Trace those streams back to their source, and you find God.  "In your presence there is fullness of joy"  (Psalm 16:11).
I think Alcorn said it well; what do you think?

And if you haven't read anything by Alcorn, I highly recommend that you do.  Among other things, he delivers an amazing (and biblically accurate) vision of heaven, that will make you want to go there!

No comments: