Friday, September 20, 2013

Celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day


Yesterday was Talk Like a Pirate Day, and we just had to celebrate because we really like pirates in our house...at least, the good, clean ones.  (And not the real, live, factual ones.)  I started over the weekend by requesting pirate books from the library.  How nice is that?  I had several books waiting for me to pick up!


While we were at the library, I discovered that we were right on time for story time.  We usually go to story time at different library, so I had forgotten about this one.  They were celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day, also, and that's where my children made their pirate hats and got their eye patches.  Fun!


After lunch, I set up a treasure hunt, and my children had so much fun running all over the house.  And the "treasure" was candy corn and pumpkins.  A great fall food!  Yum!  Daniel couldn't stop telling me how much fun it had been.  I'll have to remember to do this again!

Did you celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day?  Do you wish you had?

No comments: