Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Book Review: Rules of Murder by Julianna Deering


During the late 1930's in Britain, Drew Farthering decides he must find who murdered the man in his greenhouse and his own mother.  Are the murders related?  Why?  In the meantime, he must also figure out how he feels about Madeline, who is there for a visit, and God Who keeps bringing a specific verse back to haunt him, so to speak.

I liked parts of this book.  Mostly, I liked the characters; there was a fun rapport between Drew, Nick, and Madeline.  There was a Christian message, but it was weak.  I enjoyed reading about life in one of the great houses of Britain during the 1930's, and like I said, I liked the characters...but that was about it.

I want to thank Bethany House for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: