Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August Review of Yearly Goals


Once again, it's time to review my yearly goals to see how I did last month.
  • Read through my book list.  I finished one book from my list last month, and I'm currently reading two more which leaves me with just three left for the year.
  • Exercise.  I was doing well with that until last week.  
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  I didn't have anything planned this month because I forgot.  Thanks to Tracey at Girls to Grow, though, I discovered that Friday was Toasted Marshmallow Day, and we celebrated with Toasted Marshmallow Milkshakes.  
  • Take one field trip per month.  We went back to the planetarium near us; it makes a great family field trip as the events are in the evening so John can go, too.
  • Date night.  Once again, fail.
  • Home improvement project.  I didn't do anything this month.
  • Service project.  Nope on this one, too.
  • Blog on more serious topics.  I have been doing this with my Monday's Quotes.
  • Hospitality.  We had one of John's friends from Georgia, who now lives in the Houston area, too, over for supper.
  • Work.  I'm at the point where all I need to do is take the Texas law test, and I'll be done...assuming I pass it, of course.
  • Having my children do more around the house.  I had my children mop once, and while they didn't do as good a job as I would have, it was a great learning experience for them which is the real point, right?
How are you doing with your yearly goals?

No comments: