Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Review of Yearly Goals


I feel like I made fairly good progress with my goals this month:
  • Read through my book list.  One of the books I read this month was from my book list.  
  • Exercise.  I was able to start back, and I walked on my treadmill three or four times a week every week this month.
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  While we weren't actually in school this month, we did have a fun day:  July 21st was National Ice Cream Day.  We celebrated by reading some books I had checked out of the library about the history of ice cream and how it's made, and we finished up by having homemade sundaes.
  • Take one field trip per month.  We visited a local planetarium and had a ball!
  • Date night.  Fail.
  • Home improvement project.  I've been working on Christmas decorations, and I'm going to count that.  But honestly, that's not the type of project I meant when I made that goal.  Cleaning up those boxes from my monthly goal was more like it.
  • Service project.  Again, taking outgrown clothes and toys to the pregnancy center is not what I meant by this goal.  I need to revisit it and try to do better.
  • Blog on more serious topics.  I think I've had one or two of those this month, but I'm trying to concentrate more on my story.
  • Hospitality.  Having read this book, I'm not so sure I'm practicing hospitality very well.  But we did have some friends from Florida come over earlier this week.  They were in the area and came over as a day trip.
  • Work.  I made a good bit of progress toward getting my pharmacist license.  I got fingerprinted, and I sent off a form to a former co-worker to fill out.  Can you believe that I have to have someone vouch for the fact that I'm moral?  Not because I'm a moral person but because this organization actually demands that I have someone vouch for it.
  • Having my children do more around the house.  I can't point to any specific chore that I'm having my children do; it's more lots of little things that I ask them to do, like getting socks for Mary or putting something (that's not theirs) away.
Here are my summer goals:
  • Get Sarah Beth and Daniel swimming.  Sarah Beth is swimming a little bit, but Daniel still needs some work.  However, I'm thrilled with how well they are both doing.  We just need more time in the water.
  • Learn to crochet a border.  Done.
  • Do something with somebody.  We went with some friends to the planetarium.
How are you doing with your yearly goals?

No comments: