Friday, August 9, 2013

Finished Object Friday: Christmas in July and August



I ordered these kits back in the spring and finally got around to crocheting them this summer.  I knew that if I wanted them to be done in time for Christmas, I needed to get started early.  I realized something else:  if I want Christmas decorations, the way to do it is to buy or make a few each year, not try to get a houseful all at once.  But you probably already knew that.


So I made this Christmas tree and wreath, and my children have been fascinated by them.  As a matter of fact, we had a great time one day with the wreath when I finished it.  I think they're ready for Christmas already, but aren't we all?  I started a Christmas afghan earlier in the week, so I think I'll be set for Christmas decorations this year.

Have you started preparing for Christmas yet?  What have you made?

This post is linked with Charity at Fresh from the Chari Tree:  Finished Object Friday.

No comments: