Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Book Review: Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl


Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl continues the story told in Starflower, about Starflower's land and people and how they were enslaved by the Dragonwitch after being freed from Amarok.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  The story actually starts in northern Gaheris with Alistair who is supposed to be king, but he knows that will not happen because of the dreams he has been having, dreams of his own death.  Leta, Alistair's betrothed, has always been told who she is and what to do, but from her friendship with the Chronicler, she learns that maybe, just maybe she can be more.  And their stories are all tied up with that of Mouse, an acolyte in the Dragonwitch's service.

This book continues Stengl's great writing in this series.  I cannot praise it enough.  There is a definite good versus evil with a Christ-figure, but it is not preachy at all.  It's just a wonderful story.

I want to thank Bethany House for my copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: