Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday's Tip: Don't Worry So Much!

I started working on Christmas decorations a couple of weeks ago because, if I'm going to get them done, I've got to do it now!  When I finished the wreath (but not the embellishments), my children got a hold of it.  Sarah Beth, especially, was fascinated with it, but the next thing I knew, she had turned herself into a "Christmas lion" (her words).


Then Rachel wanted a turn.


As did Daniel.


After taking these pictures, I thought I would take the wreath away before they messed it up.  But then I realized that, as long as they were being careful, they wouldn't hurt it.  And the next thing I knew, I had a "Christmas queen" (Rachel's words).


And a king.


And a princess.


Didn't I get some cute pictures?  More importantly, didn't we all have a good time?  Now that's it done, I've put it away until Christmas, but I hate thinking about what I would have missed if I hadn't let them play with it.

By the way, Mary was taking a nap, so she missed all the fun.  Poor girl! But she found the wreath the next morning and had her own fun with it!


Have you had a similar experience where your common sense said not to let your children play with something?  But you ignored that voice and let them anyway, and were so glad you did?

No comments: