Friday, July 12, 2013

Finished Object Friday: Two Blankets and Jell-O Firecrackers


Sarah Beth asked me for over a year to make her a blanket to replace the blanket I made for her when she was two.  I guessed it was about time, so I made her this blanket.  I thought she would like it, and as soon as I showed her the picture in the pattern book, she wanted it.  I didn't get it done in time for her birthday, but she was okay with that.  Do you see the hearts?  This blanket is reversible!  I found the pattern in this book.


As one of my goals for the summer, I wanted to learn how to crochet a border around a flannel blanket.  And I did.  I enjoyed doing it except for the initial shoving the crochet hook through the flannel.  I hope to finish some more blankets like this, but I may have to learn to hem them first.



And when we celebrated Independence Day, I made these Jell-O Firecrackers.  My silly children didn't much care for the Jell-O, but I thought they were fun even though they were time-consuming to make.  I can see making these in different colors for different occasions:  Christmas, birthday with child's favorite colors, etc..  But first my children will have to appreciate Jell-O just a little more.

What have you been working on lately?

This post is linked at Fresh from the Chari Tree.

No comments: