Monday, January 7, 2013

Fun School Days


As one of my goals for this year, I want to have a "fun" day in school every month.  I think my children will enjoy it, and I know that I will.  I'm kind of a stick in the mud when it comes to school:  let's just do it and get it done.  So I hope this will liven things up a bit for all of us.

I haven't figured out what we're going to do for every month yet, and I hope that you might have some suggestions.  Here's what I do have:
  • January 18 - Winnie the Pooh Day (A.A. Milne's birthday)
  • January 19 - National Popcorn Day
  • January 29 - Puzzle Day
  • February 2 - Alfred Cralle invented the ice cream scoop
  • February 7 - Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthday
  • February 23 - Tootsie Roll Anniversary
  • February 26 - Tell a Fairy Tale Day
  • March 2 - Dr. Seuss' birthday
  • March 4 - Pancake Day
  • March 14 - pi Day
  • April 2 - Hans Christian Anderson's birthday
  • April 22 - Jelly Bean Day
  • June 5 - Gingerbread Day
  • June 14 - Flag Day
  • June 25 - Eric Carle's birthday
  • June 28 - Paul Bunyan Day
  • July 4 - Independence Day
  • July 15 - Peggy Parrish's birthday
  • September 16 - National Play Dough Day
  • September 19 - Talk Like a Pirate Day
  • September 26 - Johnny Appleseed's birthday
  • October 12 - Columbus Day
  • October 31 - Reformation Day
  • December 4 - Cookie Day
  • December 30 - Rudyard Kipling's birthday
I used this site for some ideas, and I will probably use it for more if I can't come up with other "fun" days on my own.

For Winnie the Pooh Day, I think we'll read several Pooh books and maybe watch a Pooh movie.  I think we should also eat some honey:  maybe biscuits with honey for breakfast.  And we should definitely do some baking with honey; do you have a good recipe?

Do you schedule fun school days?  Do you have any suggestions for me for the months I don't have anything yet?  

No comments: