Thursday, August 16, 2012

Two New Pork Recipes

Cranberry Pork Tenderloin

One of my goals for the month is to try some new recipes and hopefully find a couple to add to my menu rotation.  Of course, I want to share these new recipes with you, just in case they sound good to you, too.  Some of my favorite recipes I have found online.  I haven't had a chance to share what I've tried with you yet, but here's my post to catch us all up.

I tried Cranberry Pork Tenderloin a couple of weeks ago.  The picture above looks, well, gross, but it sure did taste good.  John thought it was a little sweet, so next time I'll add less sugar, probably a lot less sugar since the whole cranberry sauce is pretty sweet by itself.  I think the gravy would be great on mashed potatoes.  Our whole house smelled wonderful all afternoon while it cooked in the crockpot, and the nutmeg gave it almost a Christmas-y smell.  Yum!  I can't wait to have this again...when tenderloin goes on sale.

Last week, I tried Country Pork Chop Supper.  It was handy to throw everything into the crockpot, turn it on, and let it cook while I took Rachel for one of her infusions.  When we got home, supper was ready!  John said it was okay, and I thought it was a little bland.  But John said that it was worth having again, so I'll probably toss a little Tony's in next time.

Have you tried any new recipes lately?  How did they turn out?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Haha! Yes, pork usually does look kind of gross. I can't handle much meat right now, but I think under normal cirumstance (or abnormal ones...depending on how you look at it!) I would love the cranberry recipe. I'll have to bookmark it to try when I hit my second trimester.

Nikki said...

Laura, you should try it, but use less sugar. I love recipes that I can throw into the crockpot and forget about...except for the delicious smell wafting through the house!