Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday's Tip: Cheap Notebooks


I don't know about you, but I can't seem to remember anything unless I write it down.  A few years ago during the back-to-school sales, I discovered these notebooks.  I didn't really have any use for them, but I couldn't resist buying a few because they were so cheap.  If nothing else, I thought my children could color in them.  However, I have discovered myriad uses for them.

  • I keep one by my computer to write down things that I want to look up and things I don't want to forget to do the next time I'm online.
  • I used to use one to make my grocery lists.
  • I've even made my own day planner with one.
  • And, of course, I buy a couple for my children to color in, although Sarah Beth has started to write in hers.
I like these notebooks better than scratch paper because the pages stay together in case I need to look something up that I wrote a while ago.  And it's substantial enough that I'm not going to throw it away by accident.

What about you?  How do you remember things?  Do you have to write them down, or is it just me?  If you write them down, what do you use?

8 comments:

Tracey said...

I definitely have difficulty remembering things and find myself writing things down often! The notebooks are a good idea as I tend to use sticky notes or scrap paper - and then have to remember where I put the paper! ;)

Nikki said...

Tracey, isn't it awful when you write down something important on a piece of paper and then lose the paper? Argh! I feel your pain!

daynagonzalez said...

I like to keep a smaller notebook like this in my purse. It comes in very handy for anything I might need to remember such as an address or recipe from a friend. Its especially good for grocery lists. when i kept a grocery list anywhere else, if I went to the store at an unscheduled time, I wouldn't have it with me.

daynagonzalez said...

Also when we homeschooled, each of the boys had their own notebook for the year. in it were all of the assignments they were to write on notebook paper. this way we wouldn't have loose paper everywhere and i always had everything they had written in one place.

aurie good said...

I love these notebooks :) Now that Sophie is a little older she likes having her own book to write her letters in. I like that all the paper is contained!!

I use them for everything except for a calender.

Nikki said...

Dayna, I used to keep a small notebook in my purse, too. I wonder why I stopped. Hmmm. I'l have to add one!

Aurie, yes! All of the papers are contained. I'm sure you have as many colored pages lying around your house as I do, and they're all too special to throw away. (At least, my children think so.)

Laura said...

I use these too! My children love to color in them like yours do. They're rather protective of them, and if someone colors in one that doesn't belong to them we have some fireworks. :)

Nikki said...

Laura, my kids are protective, too. We haven't had any in a while, so they're excited about having some now. I should stock up while I can!