Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Recipe: Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy


Last week when I was making the menu, I remembered to plan for a new recipe.  This week I tried Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy.  I love cooking a roast in the crock pot just for the wonderful aroma that wafts through the house all day long.  Oh, it was mouthwatering!  And the roast was pretty good, as well, so I think this recipe is a keeper.  John thought it was pretty good, and all of our children ate it without complaining.

Have you tried a new recipe lately?  How did it turn out?

2 comments:

Laura said...

That sounds good! Was it juicy? If so, I'll have to try it. My crockpot roasts always come out dry, even though they are cooked in liquid.

Nikki said...

Laura, it was pretty good, but it was still a little dry. The gravy was good, though, and there was a ton of it.