Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday's Quote: Romans 8:28

Rachel waiting for her third and final infusion.

When Rachel was diagnosed with Juvenile Dermatomyositis, this verse was a real comfort to me.  And God used it to encourage me when it was sung in church last week.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28
I'm also using this verse as part of my heading for my new blog Stirring the Pot.  I'm using this new blog...well, you can head over there to see for yourself!

6 comments:

aurie good said...

I'm glad that the IVs are done. What comes next for Rachael?

Nikki said...

Aurie, Rachel is now taking high dose steroids by mouth. Steroids will continue for five months. Meanwhile, she is also getting weekly injections of methotrexate which I have to give. Ugh! She got her first one yesterday.

Laura said...

That's a great idea to start a blog that is dedicated to Rachel and the status of her condition! I wish it wasn't necessary, but the verse you picked is perfect and of course it's so true.

Nikki said...

Laura, as soon as she was diagnosed, I knew I wanted to do this. It helps for me to be able to write things down. And now there are so many people praying for her, how can I not keep them informed and updated as to how she's doing?

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Hi Nikki. Rachel is so cute. We, as a family, will be praying for her and for you all as you adjust to the changes this will bring. You picked a great verse. It's one I've been clinging to lately as there are many changes in my life that I am not happy about. : ) Good thing I know life isn't about being happy but being holy. Still it's hard to die to self.

Mary is adorable too. I love her swimming. You have a beautiful family!

Much love in Christ,
Emily

Nikki said...

Emily, thank you for your kind compliments and your prayers. We can certainly use all the prayers that we can get right now. And you're right that it's so hard to die to self.