Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday's Quote: Scriptures for Starting Back to School


We're starting back to school today.  It's not such a big deal for us since we've been doing school off and on all summer anyway.  And my children love doing school, so they're excited about that.  I hadn't planned on starting Daniel until he turned five, but he begged to do school when we started back after Mary was born.  How do you tell a child no when he wants to start school?  I don't think you can!  Here are a couple of verses that fit with what we're doing today.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9  And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.  You shall  bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Proverbs 22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go:  and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

When do (or did) you start school?  Were you children excited or apprehensive?  Were you excited or apprehensive?

*I got these neat grade signs from Life as Mom here.


5 comments:

Tracey said...

We started school last Wednesday and I'm pleased to report that it's going well so far!! Since we homeschooled last year as well, everything seemed to start off smoothly when we got back into our routine.

Have a nice night!

Nikki said...

Tracey, I'm glad that you had such a smooth transition back into school. That's always a good thing, especially when we're the teachers!

aurie good said...

We are starting school on 9/3. The girls and I are traveling next week, so it made sense to wait. I'm really looking forward to it!

Nikki said...

Aurie, that sounds like as good a time to start as any. I thought we would start after Labor Day, as well, but our co-op starts this week, so we do, too.

Laura said...

That's such a great picture. I really like the signs. Rachel looks very proud of coloring. :)