Monday, August 13, 2012

Mary is Eight Months Old!


Mary turns eight months old today.  She's a sweet baby and is usually happy...although she loves for me to hold her.  If she doesn't feel like I'm holding her enough (which is anytime she is awake), she fusses for me to pick her up.  She's better now than she was because she has discovered how much fun it is to explore the house.


Mary isn't crawling yet; it's more like "swimming."  She swims all over our living room and kitchen.  She has even made it into the laundry room.


With Rachel's treatment last week, I decided it was a good time to start weaning her.  She definitely needed to eat more food since I wasn't going to be around to nurse her.  My mother was here to take care of our other children while I took Rachel in for her infusions.  Mary ate a lot of food last week!  Maybe too much, so I backed off on weaning her.  And she has stopped biting me (ouch!), so I may hold off on weaning her for at least another month.  At this point, there's no real hurry.

I bet Mary starts crawling soon, don't you?

6 comments:

aurie good said...

She is adorable :)

Nikki said...

Thanks!

Tracey said...

I bet she does, too! She's precious!!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Tracey! Mary is definitely a keeper!

Laura said...

She's so adorable! Does she ever not smile? :)

Nikki said...

Laura, oh, yes! I just don't take pictures when she's fussing, and I certainly don't post pictures of her not smiling!