Friday, August 17, 2012

Finished Object Friday: Peppermint Puff Baby Blanket




When I saw the pattern for this Peppermint Puff Baby Blanket, I knew I had to make it.  I thought it would be fun and a little different from what I usually make.  And it was.  The puff and shell stitches livened it up a little bit, and I think it turned out nicely.

I used my favorite yarn Caron Simply Soft in Watermelon and White.  What do you think of the color? Honestly.  Do you like bright colors like this one for babies, or do you prefer the typical pastels?  I would love your honest opinion; I promise you won't hurt my feelings.

This post is linked to Fresh from the Chari Tree:  Finished Object Friday

7 comments:

Nikki said...

I used to only like pastels but I seem to like bright colors on everything lately. As always your finished project is amazing.

Laura said...

I like the bright colors for boys (like the car seat blanket that you made for Noah), but I think I prefer pastels for the girls. I really like that pattern! You always do a beautiful job.

Nikki said...

Thanks, ladies, for you opinions. It's nice to know what others think about some things.

Tracey said...

I like the bright color! You did a great job!!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Tracey! I like the bright color, too.

Charity said...

Such a pretty blanket! And I like Simply Soft as well!!

I like both brights and pastels for babies! How's that for a decisive answer? ;) My plans for our nursery are pretty bright, but I love the soft baby colors too!

Nikki said...

Charity, I think I'm the same way; I like both bright and pastel colors for babies.