Friday, August 10, 2012

3 in 30: Other Priorities


I got almost nothing done with regards to my goals for the month, but I'm okay with that.  More than that, I'm glad that I didn't do anything because it would have only distracted me from what was really important.  For those of you who don't know, Rachel, our two year old was diagnosed with Juvenile Dermatomyositis, and we spent most of this week dealing with that.  If you're interested, you can read more about that here with an update here.  Basically, I spent most of Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday with Rachel at the hospital while she received IV infusions.  Thankfully, she wasn't admitted, but we still had to drive over an hour to get there each way everyday.

Anyway, here's how I did with my goals:
  • Coupons.  I pulled the inserts out of the paper on Sunday.  That's something, isn't it?  Maybe I'll get around to cutting them...at some point.  But I'm not going to worry about it, if I don't.
  • Sort something.  I got the box of school supplies done last weekend, the box I wanted to get done last week.  Nothing this week, and that's okay.
  • New recipe.  As a matter of fact, I did try a new recipe this week, and it was okay.  It was a crockpot recipe, so I just had to throw everything in before I left for the day.  I did not get the post written about it, however, or the new recipe I tried last week.  Hopefully, I'll have the time next week.
Today we're sitting around the house spending time with each other.  I missed my other three children while I was with Rachel.  I guess they missed me, but they had Grammy here to play with.  She's gone now, and although we miss her already, we're looking forward to a quiet day at home.  Hopefully, next week will be more of a normal week for us, a quiet week.

How was your week?

This post is linked to Welcome to Our Good Life:  3in30.

8 comments:

aurie good said...

I'm glad that Rachael is doing well with the IVs, and that your mom was able to come and help! I'm sure your kids missed having you around. Continued prayers for Rachael!

Tracey said...

Glad you have a quiet day planned today! Hope it's going well. Continuing to pray for Rachel!

Heather said...

I am proud of you for choosing the IMPORTANT, not the urgent! Your family is always the MOST important! Great job! Praying for you!

Nikki said...

Aurie, we are done with the IV's, hopefully forever! Thank you for your prayers.

Tracey, it's been nice and quiet so far, what we all needed. Thank you for your prayers, as well.

Heather, thanks for the encouragement and your prayers.

Kristin said...

So glad you can have some family time. I'm praying that you'll have a restful weekend!

Nikki said...

Kristin, thanks! We're planning for a quiet weekend.

Laura said...

I'd say you got a whole lot done considering the kind of week you had and everything extra that you had to do.

Nikki said...

Laura, it was a hard week, that's true. But some things still have to get done, like it or not. I'm so glad we're done with that...at least, as far as we know.