Friday, August 31, 2012

3 in 30: Finishing Up August


Our second week of school went really well.  My children ask me to do more when we finish, so I think that means they're enjoying it.  Other than that, it was another quiet week.  I had to take Rachel for more blood work, but that was about all of the excitement.  Here's how I finished this month with my goals:
  • Coupons.  I got these done again this week!  As John watched football Sunday night after the kids went to bed, I sat with him, cutting and sorting my coupons.  Out of five weeks, I got the coupons taken care of twice.  I'll take what I can get in this department.
  • Sort something.  I got a little bit done this week, but the biggest thing I did was to put the shelves back on a bookshelf down in our playroom.  I just hadn't gotten around to it yet, but I'm so glad that I did!  Now there's more room for stuff down there.  And I have plans for the playroom, but more on that next month.
  • New recipe.  This week, when making the menu, I remembered that I wanted to try something new.  So I found this recipe for pot roast, since chuck roasts were on sale.  It was pretty good, a keeper.
How was your week?  What were you able to get accomplished?

14 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

Wow, total score for you!! Congratulations on your success this month! And having your kids ask for more is golden.

My son is always anxious to get started again and asks to start early (and we often do, for review). But even when we don't, it always makes me feel good!

Sherri Davidson said...

How awesome is that that your children ask for more!!
I love trying new recipes and in fact for September I have a lot that is on my menu plan.

Nikki said...

Jeanine, thanks! It was nice to have such a good month. And I love that my children enjoy school so much.

Sherri, it was fun trying new recipes, but I think I'm ready for some of our old, tried and true ones.

Deanna said...

I love it when Gavin asks me to do school. Great job on your goals!

Tammy_Skipper said...

Sigh, my coupons are in a stack from July still! There won't be any in Sunday's paper this week so I'm going to try to get caught up this weekend. Congrats on doing so well with your goals.

Nikki said...

Deanna, for the most part, I enjoy the fact that my children like doing school so much, but sometimes I want to take a day off. Those days they complain!

Tammy, no coupons this Sunday? Hooray! I mean, shoot.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

You did a great job this month on your goals! That's always encouraging and inspiring when children ask for more school work!

Nikki said...

Harvest Moon, it sure is! Thanks for the encouragement.

Kristin said...

Progress! I love it. I need to pull my annual goals list back out and break it into some smaller goals this month. The year is passing so quickly.

Nikki said...

Kristin, I really like these small, monthly goals...and the relatively quick payoff. I can't believe how quickly this year is going by, either; it's hard to believe that my baby is almost nine months old!

Nikki said...

Hello. :) So glad that school is going so well for you. You always amaze me with what you can accomplish in a month. That is so neat. Been praying for Rachel. Sorry that I have not been leaving many comments. I struggle with proving I am not a robot most times. :)

Nikki said...

Nikki, thank you for your prayers. I understand about the robot thing; I have a hard time reading those things myself. I thought it was just me!

Stephanie Harrington said...

Nikki,
You have done wonderful this week. It's nice when kids are enjoying the homeschooling, isn't it? Fabulous work. We will be starting school next week.
harringtonharmonies.com

Nikki said...

Stephenie, thanks for the encouragement. And good luck with your starting school.