Friday, August 17, 2012

3 in 30: Finally, A Quiet Week at Home!


This week has been nice and quiet.  No doctor's appointments, no visitors, not even any trips to the library.  We did have an orientation for our school co-op, but that was it.  How nice!  We've needed a week like this, especially after all of our excitement with Rachel last week.

  • Coupons.  I did nothing this week, either, but take the coupons out of the Sunday paper.  Right now, I think I've got more important things to do than clip coupons in order to save a dollar or two.  In other words, the monetary return on my time investment is too little for me to waste my time.
  • Sort something.  I seem to be able to sort things better over the weekend than during the week.  Last weekend, I went through Rachel's dresser and rearranged things.  Since we know now that she is photosensitive, I put away her shorts and t-shirts, and I replaced them with long pants and long-sleeved shirts.  My plan for this weekend is to go through the school stuff and pack away what we used last year and make room for the new stuff.
  • New recipe.  I did not try a new recipe this week, but I did post yesterday about the previous two recipes I tried earlier this month:  Cranberry Pork Tenderloin and Country Pork Chop Supper.  They were both "keepers."
How was your week?  What were you able to get accomplished?

8 comments:

Tracey said...

We were able to start our homeschooling year this week, so I'll call that my biggest accomplishment of the week! ;)

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Nikki said...

Tracey, we're planning to start school next week. That's going to change our routine a little bit! I hope yo have a great weekend as well!

Jeanine Byers said...

Great job this week! I am wanting to try some new recipes, too. Good luck as you get ready to start back to school. Thanks for coming to visit me at my blog. But I can't find your comment. I got the email but when I went to the blog to comment, it wasn't there.

Nikki said...

Jeanine, I've been having that problem a lot lately. I'm sorry. Were you able to read the comment?

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Both the recipes sound delicious. I'll have to add them to the ones to try this year. Having a break from lots of activity is always nice. Agree with you re: time return on investment with coupons. I save more money buying generic brands of things I need than using coupons on things that I don't need.

Nikki said...

Harvest Moon, that is so true about the coupons. Most of the coupons in the paper are for things that we don't use anyway, and I'm not going to buy them just so I can use the coupon.

aurie good said...

You've done great this week :) We are looking forward to starting school in Sept, but I have a bit more organization to do!

Nikki said...

Aurie, I feel a little behind about school, like it's starting before I'm ready. I would put it off, but our co-op starts this week, so ready or not, here we come!