Friday, February 3, 2012

Finished Object Friday


I'm so glad that I've got something to share finally! I'm not getting nearly as much crocheting done as I would like, but I guess that's what happens when you have a baby.

a close-up so you can see the pattern a little better

John rarely asks me to make a blanket, but he asked me to make this one for one of his friends who is having a baby. I made it a little smaller than the pattern so it can be used in the bassinet or car seat. I had been wanting to make this blanket for a while, but I just never got around to it. Actually, this blanket was one of the few that I could make right now. Since we don't have a yarn store in town (and even WalMart doesn't carry yarn here), I can only use what I have on hand. I hate to order a couple of skeins and have to pay shipping. But I think this blanket turned out nicely. And I love the fact that it didn't cost me anything since I was able to use yarn out of my stash!

What have you been working on lately?

7 comments:

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

Very pretty and delicate! I like it!

Kristin said...

What a talent! This is a skill I would really like to learn. I've been working altering some very inexpensive clothing I found at our Walmart. Just finished turning two dresses into skirts. It was much cheaper by the fabric to make them from scratch.

Laura said...

That's really pretty! I like the pattern a lot. I was telling someone the other day how fast you can crank out baby blankets. :) I'm working on one for my sister-in-law, but it's going very slowly. But like you said, I guess that's what happens when you have a baby!

Tracey said...

That's beautiful! I'm sure the new mom and the baby will love it.

Charity said...

Very pretty!! And way to go on using something from your stash! (I've got a box full of yarn that I need to use!) :) (btw... FOF is up if you would like to link up. Sorry I'm quite late today...) :)

ruthhill74 said...

This is beautiful! Good for you!

Nikki said...

Wow!!!!That is beautiful.:)I am impressed that you are able to do that with a baby in the house.:)I love the colors that you used and using what you already had was a great idea.I am sure it will be a cherished blanket by some little person.:)I have ALWAYS appreciated those homemade gifts the best.They are really special.I wish that I could offer some helpful hints in the fussy baby department.After having eight not fussy babies we experienced a short lived fussy baby stage with Mercy.I linked it to my eating lasanga.After giving in and buying gas drops her fussiness went away.I was so relieved that I never had to use the drops.:)I will pray that the fussiness goes away for your sweet little Mary.:)~Nikki R