Monday, October 24, 2011

Book Review: Lonestar Angel by Colleen Coble


Six years ago, Clay and Eden met and had a "fling." When they discovered that Eden was pregnant, they married, but their marriage had a shaky foundation. Six weeks after their baby Brianna was born, she was kidnapped and presumed dead. Eden left Clay, and they haven't seen each other in years. Now, five years later, after both have become Christians, Clay has received a picture in the mail of five little girls at a camp for foster children along with a note saying that one of these girls is Brianna. Clay contacts Eden, and they head down to the camp as counselors to try to discover which of the girls is their daughter. But someone, one of the kidnappers, apparently hates Eden and doesn't want her around.

I enjoyed this book! It was fun watching Clay and Eden fall in love again. While the plot was a little tangled and twisty, it was easy to follow. The premise of this story may be a little far-fetched, but it worked. And the culprit, well, you've got to be following the story pretty closely to be able to figure out "whodunit." This book has love, danger, and intrigue. And it's about Christians and therefore clean. What more could you ask for?

I want to thank BookSneeze for my copy of this book to review, but my opinions are my own.

5 comments:

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

Great review! This is on my reading list - glad that you liked it!

Kristin said...

I've been looking for a new "fun" read. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nikki said...

Aurie and Kristin, I hope that you enjoy it! I did!

Colleen Coble said...

So glad you liked it, Nikki!

Angela said...

That sounds good! I'll have to look for this book at the library!