Wednesday, July 6, 2011

News

Here is the news that I teased you with on Friday: we bought a house! Today, however, when John went back for the home inspection, he thought that it looked much smaller than the square footage listed. Our realtor did some more research, and John was right. My joy at having a house in Florida to move to, our family being all together again, and being able to start our new life down in Florida has shattered. I feel like crying.

John has pretty much exhausted all the houses in our price range, and he's not comfortable anyway buying one without me seeing it (and I don't blame him). So we're back to renting. Renting. I wouldn't mind renting a three bedroom house, if I knew that we would be out of it before this baby comes. Chances are very good, though, that we will be in a rental for at least six months because the home owner has to pay sales tax if he rents if less than six months. I know that we can fit the five (soon to be six) of us in a three bedroom house, but it will be difficult, especially when my parents come down for the baby's birth. I feel like crying again.

As my mother told me, after I told her all of this, this could be providential. I realize this. It gives us more time to sell our house here in Georgia which would allow us to raise our price range on a house to buy which would let us buy a bigger house. I understand all of this. It also would give us time to figure out where in the area would be best for us to live. I understand all of this, I do. I just wish that we had our own house to move into.

8 comments:

Aurie said...

Oh dear - that is so disappointing. I'm so sorry :(

Laura said...

Oh no! I'm really sorry, Nikki. That's got to be incredibly frustrating and disappointing. You're right about it being providential, but of course it's still hard to deal with.

Nikki said...

Aurie and Laura, thanks for sympathizing. I really appreciate it.

Marva said...

So sorry the house didn't work out! Praying you all can be together and soon!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Marva!

Tracey said...

I can tell how disappointed you are!

Hope something good happens today and cheers you up!!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Tracey!

Mrs. U said...

Hi Nikki!
I know a couple of people that are looking for a home right now. Is your home listed online? If so, could I trouble you for a link to send to them? You never know, it could be "the one" for one of them!!

His,
Shari