Friday, July 15, 2011

He Just Doesn't Get it Quite Yet

The other morning, Sarah Beth asked me when she would get a baby in her tummy. We talk about that a lot around here, you know, babies in tummies. I told her that she could get one after she gets married. That was good enough for her, and she continued playing. Then Daniel entered the conversation, and I love hearing his insights. Often, they make me laugh although I try not to let him see it.

Daniel: I have a baby in my tummy.
Sarah Beth (with all the wisdom and knowledge she has gathered over her five years): You have to be married to have a baby in your tummy.
D: I am married.
Mommy: Who is your wife?
D: Oof. (That is the stuffed puppy that he sleeps with, called "Oof" because dogs say, "Oof, oof.")
M: I thought Oof and Bear were your kids.
D: They are; they're my kid wives.

Oh, dear. Maybe putting this conversation out on the internet wasn't such a good idea. You're probably wondering what kinds of things we're teaching our children. Rest assured; Daniel is just three, and he just doesn't quite "get" it yet.

Do your children say and think silly things like this, that are just precious? Please share!

3 comments:

Aurie said...

That is precious! Sophie is very interested in our wedding story at the moment and likes to talk about when her wedding - which includes trains and balloons!!

Laura said...

That's funny. They do say the most hilarious things, though I can't think of anything off the top of my head! I need to take the advice of the person at the baby shower who said to write it down.

Nikki said...

Aurie, Sarah Beth is fascinated with weddings now, too. And she loves Thomas, although Emily is her favorite.

Laura, that's one reason I keep a blog!