Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, John!

Today is my sweet, wonderful husband's birthday! We have been married for 10 and a half years, and honestly I cannot remember what life was like before that. Actually, I do remember a little bit: it was awfully lonely. Here are just a few of the reasons that I love my husband:
  • He is a godly man.
  • He loves our children and me more than himself.
  • He is a great husband.
  • He is a wonderful father.
  • He takes great care of our children on the weekends when I work. (How many men do you know who willingly take care of three children for a whole weekend by himself?)
  • Our children adore him, especially the girls, although Daniel is starting to realize how neat his dad is, too.
  • He supports me in my role as a wife and mother, and never, ever makes me feel bad for staying home with our children.
Last night, we went to my parents' house for supper (ribs from Sticky Fingers -- YUM!), and then we had an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. The cake was a little expensive, but John's birthday only happens once a year, right? It's a great time to splurge some!


*I don't have a good, recent picture of John. I think I need to start taking more of him! What do you think?

3 comments:

Aurie said...

Happy birthday to your wonderful husband!

Bev Cannon said...

Great idea! Take some of the pics with the kids in em. they'll love those pics later on <3

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful wife and for supporting me.

I LOVE YOU
John