Friday, June 24, 2011

Finished Object Friday

Have you noticed that I haven't been participating in Finished Object Friday lately, like for the past two months? There's something funny about my first trimester when I'm pregnant: crocheting makes me (even more) nauseous, and I can't even look at a crochet magazine. (I've got a couple waiting for me to peruse, as soon as this baby lets me.) This weirdness started when I was pregnant with Rachel and has attacked me with this pregnancy as well. With Rachel, I just bit the bullet and kept on crocheting. With this pregnancy, well, I don't know if I'm older and wiser (realizing that taking a couple of months off isn't a big deal), or if I just feel that much worse, but I just stopped crocheting. I've missed it, yes, but not enough to deal with the extra nausea it brings.

Anyway, I had almost finished this blanket when I discovered that I was pregnant. Two weeks ago, I started feeling well enough to start crocheting again, so I picked this up and finished it. The picture doesn't do the blue and white variegation justice, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I have to admit that I'm glad it's done because I'm tired of looking at it.

Laura feels the same way about her sewing when she's pregnant; do you experience anything like this when you're pregnant? Some kind of craft that makes your nausea even worse? Or are we just different?

For more Finished Object Friday, head over to Fresh from the Chari Tree.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I really can't see the blue, but it's very pretty! Glad you're feeling well enough to crochet again!

Charity said...

Very pretty!! I love the stitch pattern!! Yes, today is FOF... been a busy week, but I'll get you linked up!! Thanks for joining in! :)

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I always think a hand-crocheted blanket is such a nice way to welcome a new baby into the world.

I didn't experience any craft aversions during my pregnancies, but during the last one I had an inexplicable craving for reading fairy tales. :) Weird!

Andrea said...

Hand crocheted baby blankets were among my favorites when my girls were born! You've done an excellent job :)