Friday, June 17, 2011

Confessions

The other day when I asked if there was anything you wanted to know about me, Marva asked about my daily schedule, my cleaning schedule, and how I do my grocery shopping. It's time for the first confession: right now I'm not doing anything except laundry. How is that possible? That calls for more confessions, but here goes. (I hope you still like me at the end of this post.)

I have a lady who does a deep clean on my house every month or two or three, whenever she can fit me into her schedule. I just have to keep it neat and clean in between times. So I do clean toilets and showers...usually. However, since I've been feeling so badly lately, and since our house is now on the market, I'm hoping that she can fit me in every two or three weeks. Speaking of which, she's due, and I need to give her a call....

The last time I went grocery shopping I think was in April, and I wanted to be sick right there in the middle of aisle eight. Yes, I remember exactly which aisle it was. Somehow, I managed to finish the shopping, but I asked John if he would do it for me. He agreed, and he's pretty good at doing the shopping. Meanwhile, my budget has gone out the window, and we're just buying the things we need every week. I'm not doing any stocking up for two reasons: 1. we don't want to move a bunch of stockpiled goods, and 2. I can't stand to look at the sales papers. (They make me feel ill.) Yes, even this weekend when John came home from Florida, he did the grocery shopping. Hopefully, I can take it back over soon - maybe first thing in the morning when I feel my best? I don't know yet.

As for my daily schedule, it just depends on what we're doing. The kids are taking swimming lessons three mornings a week, and I still have my help coming a couple of times a week. When she's here, sometimes I just rest and sometimes I'll run an errand or two. It just depends.

Marva, does that answer your questions? Are we still friends?

3 comments:

Marva said...

Yes mam!! And of course we are! :) Great answers!

Dawn@OneFaithfulMom said...

Bless your heart!! It's so tough trying to do all the things you need to do while feeling so terrible! I hope you start feeling better soon...how long does yours usually last?

Nikki said...

Dawn, actually I'm feeling a lot better now, just tired. I usually start feeling better when my first trimester ends and that was a couple of weeks ago. But I still don't want to go to the grocery store. Yuck! And it's very nice to have someone else keep the house clean right now.