Monday, June 20, 2011

An Answered Prayer

I worked this weekend at a different store than usual. Why? It's a long story, and I won't bore you with it. However, this store tends to be busier than my usual store, and I could tell. We filled quite a few more prescriptions on Saturday than I am used to filling. After lunch when things quieted down a little bit, I heard the technicians discussing our day. They said that it had been slow for a Saturday. I said, "I know the reason!" They looked at me puzzled, and I said, "On my way here this morning, I prayed hard for a slow, easy day, and God had mercy on me." I know that God does not always answer our prayers as we wish He would, but I have to admit that I'm so very glad that He did answer this one according to my desires!

How was your weekend? Any answered prayers?

2 comments:

Marva said...

So glad your prayers were answered. Yes, lots of answered prayers! I am praying for strength everything to do what needs to be done, for my food cravings not to be strong (so I can get these last pounds off) and I prayed for my Mom to feel well enough to come to our house last night instead of having to go to my parents (and taking all of the supper and homemade ice cream and kiddos) AND she DID!!! Praise the Lord! Prayers going up all of the time and HE is awesome! Have a good week!

Nikki said...

Marva, I'm so glad that you had a good weekend and that your mother is doing better. I'm praying for you, too.