Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday's Tip: Ask for Help When You Need it

I don't know about you, but I have an independent streak a mile wide. I want to do things for myself by myself, but this isn't how God made us. He created us to be in a family, a church, where we help others. Even though it's hard, sometimes we have to ask for help.

I'm in that situation right now: needing help. A couple of weeks ago, I complained to my mother that I just didn't think I could do this (be pregnant and take care of my children and my home) for another six weeks (when my first trimester would be over, and hopefully I would feel better). And she said, "Then get some help." She followed that suggestion with a list of people who might be able to help, topping the list with a high school homeschooled girl. That night I gave her a call, and she was willing and able to come over and help me three mornings a week.

This girl has been a huge help. Mostly, she plays with my children so that I can rest in my room. But that's enough. I get to rest and my children aren't stuck in front of the television. She also fixes lunch for them and cleans up afterward. When she leaves, I put Rachel down for her nap, and I spend a few minutes with Sarah Beth and Daniel before sending them to their rooms for play time.

Why is it so hard to ask for help when we need it? Why is it so hard to realize that we actually need help?

1 comment:

Marva said...

I am the same way..........you know thinking I am super woman! LOL

I have learned to ask for help. I don't know why it is so hard but I wholeheartedly agree! :)

Blessings and hope you feel better soon!