Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sarah Beth!


Today is my sweet, silly Sarah Beth's fifth birthday. I still can't believe how old she is since it seems like we just brought her home from the hospital. What a fun five years it's been!


Sarah Beth is already very helpful; she enjoys helping unload the dishwasher, for example. And every afternoon, she tells me that I need to take a nap. We try to increase our children's responsibilities as they age, and these are the things we plan to add to her list:
  • Setting the table. What a help that will be for me!
  • Keeping her room clean. This will be especially helpful as we put our house on the market.
  • Making her bed.
  • I'm sure there is more that we will add to this list, but this tired, busy mommy just can't come up with anything else!
Since John isn't working this week, he is planning a fun morning with the older two children. Meanwhile, my mother is coming over to help me sort through some things (toys!) while the children are gone. I also need to make Sarah Beth's cake; she wants a pink, heart-shaped one, so we'll see how it goes. If all goes well (and maybe even if it doesn't), I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah Beth!!!

Marva said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Sarah Beth!

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

What a sweetie! Hope she had a great birthday!!

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday to your precious little girl! I love that you're training her to be a helper around the house. Can't wait to see pictures of the cake!