Monday, April 4, 2011

New Year's Goal's: March Review

Here we are again, at the beginning of the month, and it's time to review my goals for the New Year. *Sigh* I don't really want to do this because I don't think I'm doing very well. But I'm trying to be honest, and hopefully this post will encourage me to do better this month.
  • Homeschooling. We haven't touched our reading stuff since, well, I don't remember when. Sarah Beth did ask for it yesterday because she wanted her daddy to work with her. I used to have a great time for our schooling: during nap time when Daniel and Rachel were asleep. However, when Daniel turned three, he gave up his nap. I've got to find a new time...especially since Sarah Beth is now asking to be taught how to read.
  • Potty training Daniel. I think I will call this goal complete although we do still have an accident every now and then.
  • Rachel walking. She is pulling up on everything, but she is taking no steps. That's okay. I can keep up better with her crawling than walking. No hurry here.
  • Being a better wife. I'm still working on this.
  • Finding something for John and me to do together. I have an idea, and I just need to arrange it.
  • Memorizing Scripture with the children. This goal is another one that I have neglected lately. This post is a great reminder (and accountability) for me.
  • Reading two books a month. Check!
  • Practicing hospitality. Finally, we're getting back into having people over. We really enjoy this, and I'm so glad that we started.
  • Crocheting baby blankets for our church's blanket ministry. I said that I wanted to make six this year, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. First, there are a couple of things that I would like to make for myself: this sweater (which you'll find at the very bottom -- Lacy Little Cardigan) and this blanket. (Selfish, I know.) Second, I have several friends and family members who are pregnant, and I would like to make them blankets. Third, there's a lot going on right now, and I just don't know if I'll have the time. But I'm trying!
  • Exercising. The weather is warming up, so I guess I need to start getting up a little earlier so I can walk around the neighborhood before my children wake up.
  • Making a cleaning schedule. I'm still working on this one; obviously, it has a very low priority in my life right now.
How are you doing with your goals for the year?

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I think you're doing well with your goals! I also use my blog occasionally as an accountability tool. It really seems to help motivate me if I know I have to report to my readers how I'm doing!

The year is just flying by, but I feel I'm doing pretty well with my goals. I need to get back to exercising more, I know! I did better in March at reading books from my book list and have tackled most of the projects I wanted to at this point.

Setting a cleaning schedule last month has helped, although I still need to do a deep spring cleaning to include windows, blinds, baseboards, etc. Maybe (?) that will happen in April!

Hope you have a great week!