Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Hope

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' Name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face, I rest upon unchanging grace;
In ev'ry rough and stormy gale my anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

His oath, His covenant, His blood support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

When I shall launch in world unseen, O may I then be found in Him;
Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

words by Edward Mote

What is your hope built upon?

4 comments:

crazymotheringchick said...

That's a beautiful hymn. My personal favorite is 'It Is Well With My Soul'. I love hymns, so comforting, and each one a full sermon in itself.

Nikki said...

I really enjoy "It is Well with my Soul," also. What a great hymn!

Marva said...

I love this hymn!!!! My hope is built on all things eternal! Praise the Lord!

Nikki said...

Marva, yes, praise the Lord!