Friday, April 1, 2011

Finished Object Friday

I needed something to work on because I've always got to be doing something when I watch television, so I made this blanket. I think it turned out rather well. I really like the yarn I used, Bernat Softee Baby because it's nice and soft, and it's sport weight instead of my usual worsted weight. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the yarn is not really variegated. It actually has two strands of pink yarn and one white woven together to make a nice blend.

Who did I make this for? Well, I've got a couple of friends and family members who are pregnant, but I may just give it to our church's blanket ministry, too. We'll see!

5 comments:

Charity said...

That is beautiful!! I'm sure whoever receives it will be thrilled! :)

Nikki said...

Thanks, Chari!

Bev Cannon said...

It is lovely Nikki! I hope yo will be able to attend the tatting class with us :) I'm hoping to go.... with hopes it's not too late to teach an old dog new tricks:)

Crystal Jeffers said...

O I love this pattern. It is so pretty! I miss crocheting. I did something to my thumb back in January and I have not been able to crochet since.

Nikki said...

Crystal, I know what you mean! When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I crocheted so much that I did something to my arm. The pain would shoot down my arm from my little finger to my elbow! I had to stop crocheting for a while, too, and it was awful!