Monday, April 18, 2011

Catching Up

One of my cousins got married on Saturday, so we all loaded up the car and headed down Friday. It was a busy and long weekend, but it was good to see family that we don't get to see often enough. Of course, it was wonderful to be able to be there for the wedding. Unfortunately, I don't have a single picture. We did take the camera (but not to the wedding), but we just forgot to take it out. All of our children did unbelievably well riding in the car.

Today, I plan to enjoy being home. And do the laundry. And make the grocery list so I can go to the grocery store tonight by myself. But other than that, I plan to take it easy. We're all tired from the long weekend, especially since our allergies started acting up right as we left on Friday. As a matter of fact, four of us took Benadryl Saturday night, and all of us took it last night.

A little note on Benadryl: It's my medicinal hero! But, oh, the children's stuff is nasty. Have you ever tried it? It kind of numbs your tongue. It was all we had at the hotel, so that's what I took. Nasty! One of our labs in pharmacy school was to mask the taste of three different medications. I don't remember what the other two were, but the third one was Benadryl (or diphenhydramine, to be exact). We found that chocolate was the only thing that masked it. I guess that drug companies don't want to use chocolate, though, because then children (and adults) might really think it's candy. And while Benadryl is pretty innocuous, you still don't want to take too much of it.

Anyway, Sarah Beth loves it when she gets Benadryl. Daniel thinks it's pretty neat. Rachel, however, puts up a fight. She must be the only one with normal taste buds.

How was your weekend? Do you have a medicinal hero?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to hear that you had a fun weekend! I hope those allergies go away soon.

Tracey said...

Glad you had a nice time with family! Hope the Benadryl chases those allergies away!

Bev Cannon said...

Nikki,
Glad y'all had fun at the wedding. I think they are so fun to attend. My medicinal hero.... Nyquil (sp) or it's generic equivalent :) The stuffy head, sneezy, couging, so you can rest medicine!