Friday, April 29, 2011

Book Review: This Little Prayer of Mine by Anthony DeStefano and Mark Elliott


This Little Prayer of Mine written by Anthony DeStefano and illustrated by Mark Elliott is a nice prayer book for children. The prayer asks God to help the child to do what's right even when it's hard; to help others, especially those who are sick; and to forgive him when he does wrong. The illustrations in this book are delightful and appealing to my children.

While this prayer isn't theologically deep, I think it is appropriate for young children. So many prayers for children don't haven any depth at all, but this one does. It would be an easy prayer for children to pray, while asking God for help doing what they should. My biggest disappointment is that Jesus isn't mentioned at all, and without Him, our faith is meaningless.

I want to thank WaterBrook Multnomah for my copy of this book to review, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: