Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birthday Plans

Today is my birthday, and I'm still not going to tell you how old I am...although I don't think that you'll buy that I'm 29 again. I usually try to do as few chores as possible on my birthday because it only comes once a year. However, this year will have to be a little different. Tomorrow we're heading down to Florida for one of my cousin's wedding. So today I will need to straighten up a little bit, pack, and do a few other little things before we leave. Still, I do plan to do as little as possible. As a matter of fact, I plan to watch Pride and Prejudice while I crochet instead of my normal chores. My children probably won't enjoy this movie, but it's my birthday!

We have library books due back today as well, so we'll probably make a trip to return them and get some more, and maybe we'll even play at the park while we're there. Oh, and I've already made my cake, Lethal Peppermint Chocolate Cake from Anne Byrn's The Cake Mix Doctor. My parents came over the other night because they aren't available tonight, and they said that this is the best thing I've made yet. Hmmm. It is pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Since I plan not to cook for my birthday, John is going to take us all out to eat. I'm sure we'll use one of the coupons I've received for my birthday.

How do you celebrate your birthday? Is it just another day, or do you try to do something special?

8 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!!! You make the best cakes and that one sounds wonderful!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Laura! You need to get a copy of this book, and then you can make these wonderful cakes yourself! Because all I do is follow the recipe!

Charity said...

Happy, happy birthday!! Sounds like you've got a fun day planned! (Love P&P! - especially that version! I've been wanting to watch it again soon...) :) Enjoy your day!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Chari!

Marva said...

Happy Birthday, sweet friend! Hope dinner is great!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Marva! I used my coupon for Sticky Fingers, and the children and I ate free! (except for the tip, of course!)

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday a day late!! That cake sounds delicious!

My birthday was last week and, like you, I tried to do limited chores that day. I did a bit of shopping in the afternoon, then we all went to Carrabbas for supper (and yes, I had a coupon!) I haven't been to Sticky Fingers in awhile, but I like their food.

Hope you have a safe trip and a lovely weekend at the wedding!

Mrs. U said...

Happy (late) birthday!!!! Love watching P&P (and I'm a believer that the REAL P&P version has Colin Firth!!) and love that you made your birthday cake. I always make my birthday dessert, too! My husband always feels bad, but I told him I ENJOY it so please don't take that enjoyment away on MY day!! LOL!!!

I hope your day was wonderful!!

His,
Shari