Wednesday, April 27, 2011

All of Your Questions Answered

In case you missed my not-so-subtle hint Monday, yes, I'm pregnant with our fourth child. I know that you have lots of questions (because I would, if you were pregnant!), so I will attempt to answer them in this post.
  • When is this baby due? It looks like this baby's due date is the first week in December, but since I was induced a week early with Daniel and Rachel, we're hoping for November 30 which is my father's birthday.
  • How far along am I? About seven weeks.
  • Are we hoping for a boy? Yes, definitely. He would even things out: two boys and two girls. Also, John was the last to carry on the family name; now it's Daniel, and we think it would be nice for him to have some help. Of course, if God blesses us with another girl, we won't love her any less.
  • Will we find out? Of course! I'm too much of a planner not to.
  • Was this baby a surprise or planned? John and I hadn't decided yet whether now was the best time to have another baby, so God decided for us.
  • And yes, we're thrilled!
  • What do our other children think? Sarah Beth "gets" it the most, but she still doesn't quite understand, but she wants another girl. Definitely.
  • Have I been to the doctor yet? Nah. When I was pregnant with Rachel, I didn't see my doctor until my first trimester was over. Since my pregnancies are uneventful (thank God!), I don't see any need to hurry to the doctor.
  • How do I feel? Awful. Between feeling weak and light-headed to wondering if I would feel better if I "tossed my cookies," I just want to lie on the couch all day long. However, I have three little children so this really isn't an option.
  • Is it worth it? Of course!! But it does seem to be getting harder the older I get.
I have a few prayer requests, if you think about it.
  • A healthy baby, of course. And mama, too!
  • Strength for the day, the morning, the moment. Like I said before, I just want to lie on the couch all day.
  • Wisdom to know how best to use that strength. Cleaning bathrooms can wait, but my children need my time and strength.
When I was pregnant with Rachel, I wasn't able to blog as much during my first trimester when I felt so sick. I will try to post regularly, but I can't make any promises.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I'm praying for you, Nikki. I think you're right about it getting harder with age. My last pregnancy was harder than the others. But you're also right about it being so worth it!

Jen said...

Congratulations Nikki! I totally missed even though I read your post!

Tracey said...

Hoping you will have a good week filled with strength and energy!! Both of my daughters were born during the first week of December, so we do a lot of celebrating that time of year!

Dawn@One Faithful Mom said...

Congratulations!! A new baby is always so exciting...my 10th was just as much fun as my first!!
I do hope you will feel stronger...sometimes the weakness is harder than being really sick. Don't try to push yourself too hard...lots of snuggles and reading on the couch, along with planned video time will help get you through!!

Thank you for following my blog and befriending me. I always love it when I see a comment from you!!
Take care. Love, Dawn (aka One Faithful Mom)

Christine said...

Congratulations, Nikki! I am so happy for you!

Nikki said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Dawn! I can really use it these days!

Thanks, Christine!