Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday's Tips: Grocery Shopping

I thought I would revisit Tuesday's Tips, although I may not have something for you every week. Maybe you'll learn something new from me, and I hope that I'll learn something from you.

Yesterday, I had to do the grocery shopping with all three children which I don't usually do because I go at night after their bedtime. I wanted the trip to be as quick and efficient as possible so I implemented these tricks:
  1. I only bought what we needed. Thanks to stocking up as the sales and our budget permits, we don't need much this week.
  2. I wrote my list based on where everything is in the store. I always shop at the same store, so I have learned where everything is. I know exactly what is on aisle one or two or three or..., and I make my list accordingly. Here is my list from yesterday.

As you can see, I was able to completely skip aisles three, four, and eight (among others). Having the list written down in order and according to what aisles everything is on makes the shopping trip so much easier. When John did the grocery shopping for me after Rachel was born (for three months! Isn't he great?!), he really appreciated my doing that for him as well. As you can see, I also write down the sales that I plan to take advantage of in case I forget.

How do you make your grocery list?

4 comments:

Marva said...

I like the way you do with the aisle and all! That's a great idea!

Here lately there is no particular way I do things. There is little order to my lists. We are still in survival mode. LOL. I'm sure you know why! ;)

Blessings!

Nikki said...

Marva, oh, yes! I certainly understand. I'm praying for you!

Laura said...

That's funny that you know exactly what the aisle numbers are for everything. I don't think I'm that observant! I do group things by area though, which is very helpful!

Nikki said...

Laura, it helps that Kroger has a brochure that lists almost everything. I used that at first, until I learned where everything is.