Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Worrying about a Little Hole

Last week Sarah Beth found a little hole in her pajamas. When I say "little hole," I really mean a very small, threadbare place in the sleeve. Her reaction? Oh, my! She was sobbing and almost hysterical about this itty, bitty not-quite-a-hole. She fussed that her arm would get cold. (Never mind the blankets on her bed.) She probably worried that I would throw her pajamas away. (I do throw away sock with holes in them.) Finally, I was able to calm her down by reassuring her that she wouldn't get cold, and I wouldn't throw her pajamas away.

How often do we worry ourselves needlessly over such small things? What if my baby never eats solid food? What if my son is never potty trained? Of course, my baby will eat solid food; what child doesn't? Of course, my son will learn to use the toilet; what child doesn't? God cares about us more than we know, more than we can understand. He doesn't want us just to bring the "big" things to him; He wants us to bring everything to Him. He may not solve all of our problems, but He will help us get through them.

When will we learn to "cast all our cares on Him because He cares for us? (1 Peter 5:7)

Do you struggle with needless worry? What do you do about it?

No comments: