Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Year's Goals Reviewed

Earlier in the month, I set some goals for the New Year. I don't think there is any point to making goals if you never go back and review them. So here I go:
  • Homeschooling. While I'm not working on reading with Sarah Beth four days a week, we are still working on it. She's only four, so really there's no hurry.
  • Potty training. Daniel and I started on that yesterday. Why didn't I start this sooner? Then we would be done with it! Yesterday morning started out difficult, but he started to catch on later in the day.
  • Walking. Rachel is nowhere near walking, and I am grateful for that.
  • Being a better wife. I'm working on that.
  • A hobby for John and me. Shooting? We're going to try that soon.
  • We've been doing well memorizing Scripture...at least for us. Sarah Beth can say the first two verses of Psalm 23 (good luck getting her to prove it, though), and Daniel can fill in the blanks.
  • Reading. I'm doing well on that one. (Here's my reading list for the year, if you're interested.)
  • Hospitality. We have not had a single person over this month, but it's not for lack of trying. Things just come up; you know how it is. Hopefully, this month will be better.
  • Baby blankets. I have one out of my projected six done.
  • Exercise. Still too cold. Rats!
  • Cleaning. I think I'm getting a handle on this.
Did you set any goals for the New Year? How are you doing with yours?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm just getting started as you can see!! Your goals look great! I, too, plan to check my progress at the end of each month. God's best to you as you go through the year! Dawn

Nikki said...

Thanks, Dawn, for dropping by! I'll look for your monthly "progress" reports!