Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Book Review: Little Star by Anthony DeStefano, Illustrated by Mark Elliot

Little Star by Anthony DeStefano and illustrated by Mark Elliott is a cute story about the nativity star. "Little Star" is the smallest star and is ignored by the other stars; however he is the only one who realizes the importance of Jesus's birth, the birth of a King. Because of this Little Star shines more brightly than he ever has before, more than any other star ever has.

My children and I enjoyed reading this cute story. I thought it was a little short on the nativity story, but it is definitely in there. Too much time is spent on the stars and how they ignore Little Star, but I think that's the point: to see Christ's birth from a stars point of view. But we like the book, and we'll add it to our Christmas book collection.

I want to thank WaterBrook Multnomah for sending me a copy of this book to review, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: