Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Book Review: The Faith of Ronald Reagan by Mary Brown


When I saw the opportunity to review this book, I seized it. I had been considering reading a biography about Ronald Reagan, so this opportunity seemed fortuitous. The Faith of Ronald Reagan by Mary Brown chronicles the life story of Reagan from his humble (re: poor) beginnings all the way to being the most powerful man in the world. The best part of this book is its focus on Reagan's faith which I did not realize was as strong as it was.

I really enjoyed this book which is full of quotes from Reagan about his faith. I also enjoyed reading about his humility and concern for others. His words resonated with me even though they were spoken many years ago, and I'm sure those same words impacted the people of his time, as well. Finding good biographies about Christians can be hard because non-Christians don't understand their faith. Brown obviously is a Christian herself and does an excellent job writing about Reagan's.

I want to thank BookSneeze for sending me a copy of this book to review; however, my opinions are my own.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Glad you enjoyed this book; I did as well! I'll read almost anything written on Ronald Reagan, but it's nice to find books that focus on his faith.

Nikki said...

Tracey, this book is the first one I've read about Reagan, but I would like to read more about this amazing man.

Dawn@OneFaithfulMom said...

Oh I really want to read this one!! I'll be sure to look for it!!

Nikki said...

Dawn, look hard! I bet you'll really enjoy it, too!