Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Special Birthday Cards


One of the highlights for our children at birthdays and Christmas is receiving cards in the mail. But not just any cards. No, these cards are special because they come from Uncle Ray. Since Rachel's birthday is tomorrow, we have been eagerly searching the mailbox everyday waiting for her card. And it arrived yesterday!!

Uncle Ray doesn't send just a nice card. He gets the special ones, you know, the ones that play music, sing, and have flashing lights. Sarah Beth and Daniel love their cards; they still play with the ones he sent them for Christmas 2009 (and all the ones they have gotten since then). Rachel doesn't quite "get" it yet, but Sarah Beth and Daniel are excited for her. And they can't wait for their birthdays when they will receive their own cards in the mail from Uncle Ray!

Thank you, Uncle Ray!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Happy birthday, Rachel!

I forgot that Rachel was born on my youngest daughter's birthday. Monkey (11 tomorrow) says to say happy birthday from her too.

Jazzie Casas said...

Lovin this! A while back I was looking for a birthday card for a friend's son. I had zero luck finding what I was looking for. I told a group of friends about this problem one night while we were having a few drinks. We proceeded to get smashed and make up a bunch of greeting cards we found funny. I had been writing down the cards we made up and the next morning I read them. Much to my surprise the cards were still funny even when sober.