Thursday, January 6, 2011

Showing Off!


Sarah Beth and I started our "official" schooling Tuesday. We've been playing at it so far, but now I'm going to make it a priority to spend 10 - 15 minutes, at least, four days a week on reading. We are using Hooked on Phonics.

Sarah Beth did so well Tuesday; I was very pleased. She actually wanted to keep going when I thought we'd gotten to a good stopping point. So, we went on! I bragged on her to John at supper time, and he asked her if he could work with her a little bit. She said, "No. You don't know the words." It was too funny! But you can see that she did allow him to help her, although at one point, when she didn't know a word, she asked me what it was because she didn't think he knew it. (It was "bat.")

We had a great first day, and I think that Sarah Beth is actually starting to want to learn to read. Whoohoo!

2 comments:

Marva said...

That's awesome! Great job SArah Beth! You are doing wonderfully Nikki! Blessings!

Laura said...

Yay for Sarah Beth!