Monday, January 10, 2011

Booking It 2011


I am so excited to join with Jessica at Life as Mom in "Booking It" this year. I joined midway through last year, but I'm thrilled to start at the beginning this time.

My "to-read" stack of books is large, but I've managed to narrow down the books I hope to read this year. These books are in no particular order because I have no idea which ones I will read when. (Okay, I admit it. I couldn't make a list of books without putting them in some kind of order -- alphabetical. *Sigh*)
Currently, I am reading:
All of these books are already on my shelf. They will almost definitely be supplemented by books from my "Wish List" at Paperback Swap as they become available. Also, I enjoy reviewing books for BookSneeze and WaterBrook Multnomah, and those will (somehow) fit into my reading time as well.

While I'm at it, I plan to join to join Jessica in reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen for March and Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan for June. I've already read both of these books, but I think they're worth reading again.

Do you have a reading list for the year? If so, join the "Booking It" fun at Life as Mom.

Books I added later in the year:

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Last year I stuck to my Booking It list for all but one book - and added a few that weren't on the list. This year I've already finished three books that weren't on my list (thanks to being sick in bed all last week - downtime is great for reading!) and started one of my Booking It selections. I try to put books on my list that have been on my shelves but I never found the time to pick up. However, I like to scatter some lighter reads in there as well to break it up a bit. Happy Reading - you have picked some great books!

Tracey said...

I'm also planning to read The Faith of Ronald Reagan and To Have and To Hold, along with a list of others this year. I also have quite a long "Wish List" at Paperback Swap - for myself and other family members!

Hope you have a great week!

Beth Stone said...

Looks like a good list! I'm currently reading the latest Mitford book - a fun series.... You have some other great selections too. Happy reading!

Christine said...

I love your list. The Mitford series is a favorite of mine! Blessings!

Sandra said...

Great list! When You Rise Up: A Covenantal Approach to Homeschooling by R.C. Sproul, Jr. sounds interesting. I'm really loving seeing everyone else's book lists! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Sandra

Marva said...

Your list sounds great! I probably will join this! I need to! :) You know, to rest a little. LOL

Blessings!

prerna said...

Lovely list, Nikki. Am so excited to find such great books thanks to Booking It.. Just goes to show how much I've been missing out:-)

Laura said...

Looks like a great list! I have a hard time finding the time to read, so my list is limited to our read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year plan and some parenting books.

Bev Cannon said...

Nikki,
Be glad you chose to opt out of The Happiness Project. I found it a poor read. I like your list better :) I am, however, looking forward to some Jane Austen <3 . Haven't read something like that in a looonnngg time. I like that you read alot of Non-fiction. I do too, and find that not many other folks, especially women, do.