Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Book Review: On This Day in Christian History by Robert Morgan


In On This Day in Christian History, Robert Morgan compiles noteworthy events in the history of Christianity based on the dates they occurred. Each summary is about a page long and tells an interesting anecdote from one of Christianity's heroes.

This book makes a nice addition to a daily devotion. Each story is a great starting point; you can do further research and reading on the ones that interest you. If anything, the summaries are too short, leaving the reader yearning for more. I do, however, have a serious "bone to pick" with Morgan about this book; the Bible references on each page are taken from the Contemporary English Version which, in my opinion, is a poor translation. Other than that, the book is fun to read as you learn more about our Christian history.

While my opinions are my own, I want to thank BookSneeze for sending me a copy of this book to review.

No comments: