Monday, November 29, 2010

Hunting with Daddy

John took Sarah Beth hunting this weekend. It was the first time he was able to convince her that it would be a fun thing for them to do. (She's afraid of loud noises.) The hunting camp to which John belongs has frequent dog hunts. John thought that would be good for him and Sarah Beth because she wouldn't have to be quiet and sit still. People with dogs chase deer toward people who then shoot the deer.

Trying on her hunting outfit the night before.

Since the hunt started at 6:00 a.m., John and Sarah Beth got up at 4:00 so they could get there a little early. It was cold Saturday morning, too, but John said that Sarah Beth did great. They didn't see any deer, but they had a good time. They hope to be able to do it again soon.

She was pretty cold until Daddy gave her his jacket to wear. Do you see the pink ear muffs? She refused to go unless she had something to protect her from the loud noises.

Meanwhile, I had a quiet morning with Daniel and Rachel. I am amazed at how much different it is when just one child is missing.

4 comments:

Marva said...

That has to be the cutest deer hunter I've EVER seen! She is so precious! What a special time for her! Blessings!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Marva! We think she's pretty cute, too!

Laura said...

Sarah Beth is more adventurous than I am. I think I would have opted to stay in my warm bed. :) What a special time for her though. I'm sure she'll always remember going hunting with her daddy!

Nikki said...

Laura, me, too! But she is game for anything with Daddy.