Thursday, September 17, 2009

WIP Wednesday -- But on Thursday

Oops! I'm a day late with this post. Oh, well. That's what happens in life, isn't it?


I am still working on this blanket, and yes, it's the same picture from last week. It now measures about 25 x 14 inches which is an improvement. This blanket seems to be working up v-e-r-y slowly, and I'm getting tired of it. Of course, to compound the problem is that I bought some new yarn last week which I'm dying to try. It is called Naturally Caron Spa, and it is made from bamboo and acrylic, and it feels lovely. It will make a wonderfully soft baby blanket. I'm sure it could be used for something else, but I don't have any other plans for it. Back to the above blanket: at the rate I'm going, I won't have it done by October 1 when we (hopefully) will find out whether we are having a boy or a girl. At that time, I will know whether to border it in pink or blue. The good thing about this blanket is that it will be nice and warm for a February baby.

For other works in progress or to add your own (a day late like me!), head over to the Place of H.

1 comment:

Mrs. H. said...

Lovely, and I seem to have the same problem you do. When I get a new yarn, it takes all my willpower not to cast on immediately just to see how it will knit up. I think that's why I have so many unfinished projects, lol.

My daughter (11) is using the Naturally Caron Spa for a long stripey scarf. It is very soft and knits up beautifully with a little sheen.